A Snapshot of life

 For this unit in journalism we focused on photography and understanding the intent behind this form of art. of course the AP is focused around trying it for our selves.

Caring for the World:

The meaning of life is the least helpful but best known question to the layman. The fascination with this question has given everyone their own question ranging from high concept abstract spirituality to 42. I asked my mom the same question and had a conversation with her about her exact philosophy. My mother is a recently retired environmental engineer that worked for the EPA. she has currently been dedicated to redecorating our house while planning and budgeting future renovations.


“What is the meaning of life?” I asked. “Everyone has different philosophies from different religions but I'm coming from a christian religion perspective.. The meaning of life is to help other people and to make a world a better place by being in it through .. caring about other people raising your children well or .. some people get different careers as activists some people are doctors so it's finding your purpose in life. Of how you want to serve other people and like I said , make the world a better place. Like I was an environmental engineer because I just wanted to .. protect the environment , keep the earth clean , make it a nice place to live and .. so that was my mission back then. I'm retired so I'm thinking of new possibilities maybe with health helping people work on their diet … some people get their calling from god and do this or that and the other thing. I can't say that I've been called into anything in particular. Kinda just trying this or trying that. I clarified that whe views it as if God gives you your talents and questions if life is best used to benefit others. So when I wanted to be an environmental engineer I just wanted to keep the water clean, to drink, fish and what not to live in. We are gonna keep the air clean so that you know we were not polluting enough and breathing clean air and killing animals and everything and.. Things like that. That's where my heart was when I went into environmental engineering and tried to persuade companies not to pollute so much. Ideally we would have made laws to prevent the pollution right now. My biggest concern is climate change and… i feel like it's something i really want but i'm not feeling called to work on it i feel like … politicians and the population at large needs to really get on board and i'm not really an activist i'm not really a speaking type my calling im a writer and a thinker ands a doer and i don't like to talk bigger that individuals when it's gonna take countries together to solve the biggest environmental problem right now.


This photo represents my mother opinions by showing how she cares for my family and is willing to make our lives easier when she can. As fo the details I didn't have access to a fully controllable camera and took it on my phone, but you can tell by the crispness of the image that there was a high shutter speed. With the overhead light shinning off the table it tricked my phone into narrowing the aperture and creating a dimmer image with the subject and focus appearing muddy and unclear. The one thing i did have control over was the dishes so i tried to position them equally across the image, but with the image being taken quickly the dishes dont snap to the rule of thirds


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burger Battle

Fancy_Words.pptx

Delsoon