Memories

This project we learned about dream catchers and what they mean for native american cultures. First of all This is not an authentic dream catcher and I do not mean to devalue what dream catchers mean for native american cultures.

I believe that dreams is your brain's way of reminding you about important things that happened that day. I got this philosophy from the Dream exercise were we did broke down are dreams and interpreted them. The dream i used for the project was simply a dream were I lived the perfect day were a i got all my work done that I interpreted that as my mind reminding me to do my work  

Dream catchers were first made by the Ojibwe tribe to protect the dreams of younger children by catching them in the net and if they are hung on the east side of the bed to burn away the bad dreams caught in the net. They were usually made by grandparents but can be made by the person. Based on what objects are used in the dream catcher will decide what dreams are able to pass through the net. Another big factor in a dream catcher is knot should be avoided as they would catch both wanted and unwanted dreams.


He symbolism behind my dream catcher is. That I didn't really plan on finding a certain colour string or leather speaks to how I like to “go with the flow”. So for the leather I decided to go with brown to symbolize to help me remember to stay grounded. For the project I decided to go with two strings that are not interwoven to help me remember to remember both sides of everything. In the center of my dream catcher is nothing the reason why is that a lack of an explanation is my drive to figure out the nothing s what drives me to push myself further. I used Blue and Orange for the string because they are opposite colors to remind me about the many views thing that I mentioned before and that blue is my favorite color and orange I think is a generally a happy color those will help filter out thoughts that I think are negative.Normaly knots are avoided in dream catchers but for this project I used many knots to give me some dreamless nights for meditation since meditation is supposed to help with focusing and I may have ADHD. and I attached nothing else to the dream catcher to help me remember to appreciate the simple since I have a problem with remembering that simple does not equal bad


Even though I accomplished many things that I wanted to do for this assignment there are a handful of things that I wasn’t able to accomplished or had to be changed. Because of my go with the flow type personality the list is pretty short. First If I had blue leather I would have used it to symbolize to help me stay calm because I sometimes have sleepless nights where I wake up constantly. If I had more time I might have used black string to remember to not stay nieve scene I think i have a problem. One last thing I would have done is to use something to represent the importance of gaming in my life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Burger Battle

Fancy_Words.pptx

Delsoon